Not just before pregnancy, also after pregnancy we are beside you by providing birth services in our clinic. Depending on your choice, our birth services divide into two as normal and Cesarean birth.
Birth Services in Our Clinic: Normal Birth
Normal birth occurs after 40 weeks of the last menstrual period. In some complicated cases, preterm birth may occur and birth may occur in 40 weeks and 10 days. If the birth process is slow and the birth does not take place during that week, then artificial pain is applied. The administration of oxytocin to the mother at certain intervals by injection is called artificial pain. Oxytocin is the hormone that helps the uterus contract. If necessary, it is applied to the mother to assist in delivery.
How does normal delivery occur?
Normal birth is a natural birth and a physiological event. The birth begins when the placenta goes up and the baby enters the birth canal. There are mild contractions at first and these contractions are rare. These contractions can last for an hour or a day or two. It is not necessary to go to the hospital if there is no extreme situation. Pain increases and contractions begin to increase. When the frequency of contractions increases to 5 minutes, the hospital should be visited. If there is any bleeding or water, it is necessary to go to the hospital immediately.
For normal delivery to occur, the cervix should be opened to 8-10 cm. From the full opening of the cervix until the baby is delivered, the mother should be assisted by her doctor to accomplish the correct timing of pushes. The placenta should not remain in the uterus; otherwise, bleeding and infection may occur.
How is normal delivery with epidural?
Epidural is used as anesthesia in normal birth. Epidural anesthesia is the numbing from the waist down. Thus, the mother does not feel any pain, the contractions continue. Epidural anesthesia can only be performed after 4cm of openings and regular contractions. Birth continues as normal without any problems, and the mother carries out to push under the supervision of the doctor. However, in some cases the baby may be vacuumed. This application has no harm to the baby.
In normal birth, the mother can hold her child shortly after birth and establishes her first communication here. It is easy for the mother to recover after normal delivery and can easily breastfeed. After 24 hours of hospital consultation, they are both discharged. After delivery, the mother needs to dress her stitches if necassary.
Birth Services in Our Clinic: Cesarean Birth
– If date and time of caesarean surgery is predetermined by your doctor, nothing must be eaten or drunk after 12 o’clock the day before. You must not consume anything for at least 6 hours.
– You must remove all your jewelry before entering the theatre room.
Just Before Entering theatre for Surgery
– When you get to the hospital you can relax in your pre-prepared room. Here, the assisting nurse will ask you to sign hospital registration forms and fill out the necessary paperwork.
– Enema is done to empty the intestines. This procedure takes 5 minutes.
– The nurse checks the operation area. Blood is taken for any conditions that may be necessary before the operation.
– The gown and hair cap is worn as preparation.
– A probe may be inserted to the mother just before the operation, depending on the doctor’s initiative. The probe is important for the patient’s urine output. However, it may be inserted. It is not very necessary.
– The mother is put on a stretcher and enters the operating room.
Preparations in the operating room
– The mother’s vascular access is prepared on the operating table. A tool is placed on the chest to examine the heart beat.
– If epidural anesthesia is selected, the anesthetist catheter is placed in this order.
– At this point, the entire operation team takes care to be sterile from their hands to the elbow.
– The mother’s abdomen is completely cleaned with solution. The sterile drape is covered, provided that the surgical site remains open.
– After the doctor, nurses and anesthesiologist are ready, the lights are adjusted and the operation begins.
– The mother is put to sleep by the anesthesiologist.
– The operation starts immediately after the mother is asleep. First, a 7-fold incision opens. This is a 7-fold incision including the skin, abdominal anterior wall incision, outer abdomen, inner abdomen and uterus.
– The first incision is made 8-10 cm
– Then the muscle casing, which is the most powerful muscle.
– Abdominal muscle and outer membrane is cut into the abdominal cavity.
– The membrane covering the uterus is also cut and the uterus is reached. This muscle is opened by the doctor’s hand to reach the baby’s sac.
– This pouch is emptied and the baby is delivered successfully. The baby’s umbilical cord is cut and baby is given to the nurses. Lastly the placenta is removed manually by the doctor. Mother’s womb is thoroughly cleaned. The incisions are closed.
– The incision opened in the mother’s abdomen is closed using the concealed suture technique so that the thread of the sutures is not visible. Aesthetic suture is applied and covered with tape.
– The surgery is now over. The doctor awakens the mother and then the mother is taken to her room.
– The baby has undergone all the controls and inspections awaiting to be united with the mother.
– The baby is brought to the mother’s room. The baby tries to suckle the first milk from the mother. Mother is given serum and antibiotics on the first day and has nurses checking on her during the day.
– The mother can stand up after 8 hours. Symptoms such as dizziness and blood pressure drop can be seen at your initial step.
– If there’s any pain, the nurse may be asked for pain relief.
– Post operation, it’s good for the mother is to walk often. It’s normal for the mother to have gas pain. For this you can eat fruity and special diet foods. To allow the mother to take a shower, the band is adhered to the area after the dressing is done by the nurse.
– On the second day after the operation, the mother gradually recovers from pains and has been to the toilet. Baby can now leave to go home with the mother.